Our Family

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Joys of Being a Stay-at-Home Mom

Reese and I were chatting yesterday about what he wants to be when he grows up, and instead of the usual answer like "A Spy" or "I know, I want to work at the cleaners!" ???? he said he thought he didn't want to be anything. I asked, "What do you mean you don't want to be anything? Like, you don't want to have a job at all." He said, "Yeah, I don't want to have a job. I don't want to do anything." My response was (using my good parenting skills, j/k), "If you don't have a job or anything, you might be kind of a loser, you know?" His clever response was, "So, you're a loser, Mommy? Cuz, you don't have a job, right?"

I thought about being offended, but I was too busy laughing and being impressed by his quick deductive reasoning.

9 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! Now I can cyber stalk you guys too!

You guys are a really good looking family - I love the pics!!!

Judy said...

I wanna be a loser too!!! hahaha love yall so much,
Judy & dennis

Elliott family said...

being a loser isn't all that bad;)

welcome to the world of blogging!!
i love the slideshow of the family:)

Eric & Reenie said...

I want to be a loser too! I am so glad you are sharing your stories and pictures too.

The Armstrong's said...

HA HA HA Reese is so flippin' funny, I love it!

Rhonda said...

Loser is the new winner!

Julie said...

You guys are such a beautiful family. I just loved being with you all. I miss you already. Laura , you are such a great Mom. I admire and love you so much.

Bowlings said...

HA! Hi Laura...I love this, Reese is too funny...the things kids say. In that case, I love being a loser!! Sounds like ya'll are doing well. Hope you are feeling good!

Eric & Reenie said...

I hope you all had fun in Disney World...and congrats on a little girl, yea!!