Our Family

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's A Girl!!!!!






For those who didn't hear, we found out we are having a girl!! We couldn't be happier. I say "we", but that does not include Reese. We came home from the doctor's appointment and told Reese he was getting a little sister. I revealed the news by handing him a pink "It's a girl" balloon...........he threw the balloon on the floor, covered his eyes, laid down on the floor, and kicked his legs. No one can say my kid doesn't know what he wants......or doesn't want. He's very intense. I have no idea where he gets that. ;)
I think the idea started to sink in after a week or two, and his disappointment has started to subside. I think he's liking the sound of "your little sister" more and more. He just found some of my old doll clothes in the garage and is currently putting them on his stuffed animals and talking to them. I think he'll do just fine being a big brother to a little girl. I've seen some evidence of a nurturing kid here and there. I can't wait to see him in the role of big brother. I can't wait to see John-Michael being a daddy to a little girl either. Should be interesting, kids. He needs a little girl to tame the drill sargent in him. Tee-hee.
Here is her little profile (at 20 weeks). The next one is the weird alien front view of her face.

This one is, of course, her little hiney and girl parts in plain view. She was very cooperative and had her legs spread wide open. (Insert joke here, John-Michael.)

4 comments:

Haley Family said...

Yeah for updating your blog!!! Also, if I hear you call yourself "huge" one more time you are getting a spanking. I can't even tell you are prego in those pictures. You look gorgeous.

Heather said...

An update!! I can't believe it! I am SO excited you are having a girl... I know you are too! :o)

Now just get your butt on Facebook.

The Armstrong's said...

Yea for all the updates! CONGRATS on a baby girl! I am so excited for you. Your trip looked so fun and Katie is right...you look awesome.

Dennis and Judy said...

hey babies,
i have so happy for yall. i cant wait to meet her. and i so love the name yall picked out. it's perfect. every time i come look at your page. it makes me miss yall even more and oh so home sick! give big kisses for me. have a wonderful blessed thanksgiving!
love,
Dennis & Judy